The Force of Transformation
Pitta Dosha is created from the elements Fire & Water, with Fire being the predominant. Imagine these these particular elements coming into contact with you. What qualities do Fire & Water possess? What sensations do they create in your body & mind? Are Fire & Water: light or heavy, oily or dry, hot or cold, static or flowing? Let us help you navigate through these questions. The qualities of Pitta are: hot, light, sharp, oily and flowing. Since these are the qualities that comprise these elements & these elements are what create Pitta Dosha, then Pitta Dosha reflects these qualities as well.
A Pitta Type mirrors the qualities of Fire & Water in their physical, mental & emotional bodies. Pitta manifests in the physical body through a medium frame & athletic build. It is easy for Pitta Types to sustain muscle tone. If weight is gained, it is easy to lose. In the mind, Pitta creates sharpness & intellect. Pitta Types are natural born leaders, passionate & courageous. They communicate directly. To some, their clear communication can come off sharp or curt; however, Pitta Types feel like they are just being clear & getting to the point. Pitta Types value organization & completion of tasks is a must. When they are in balance, they have a beautiful blend of the Fire & Water Element which makes them inspire others to achieve their goals & they also display a powerful, compassionate nature. The unofficial mascot of Pitta Dosha is a lion. They are strong, powerful, demand attention & will protect their loved ones with fierce loyalty & love.
Imbalance in Pitta Dosha manifests as excess heated conditions & emotions. In the body, there is a tendency for hyperacidity, ulcers & inflammation. In the mind, excess Pitta leads to irritability, jealousy, impatience, a judgmental attitude & anger. Pitta Type Skin can be described as sensitive, oily in the T-Zone areas & can also be prone to acne & blemishes.
Pitta Type Skin is comprised of the fire & water elements. When in balance, Pitta Skin has a rosy, dewy glow. Pitta Skin is delicate, naturally warm in temperature & can have freckles, beauty marks &/or moles. When out of balance, this skin type is prone to: excess heat, inflammation, excess oil (especially in the T-Zone region), rosacea, broken capillaries, acne, blemishes & redness. Wrinkles tend to be most predominant in between the eyes. Our Pitta Skincare Line is formulated with optimal cooling, soothing & calming herbs to counterbalance the heated conditions of Pitta Type Skin.
Pitta Tips for Radiant Skin
- Avoid spicy, fried, overly oily foods, caffeine & alcohol.
- Combine foods with herbs that will cool the digestive tract such as: Cumin, Coriander & Fennel.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse & detoxify the skin & internal organs.
- Create a yoga practice that emphasizes forward folds & twists to cool & calm. Move slowly & gently. Avoid heating yoga & heated yoga classes.
- Engage in calming activities like walks in nature & spending time with loved ones instead of competitive activities.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day & slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Take warm baths in the moonlight with essential oils of: peppermint, lavender & geranium to soothe & cool the nervous system & mental body.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Pitta Body Oil to keep the skin tissue healthy & calm.
- Use our Pitta Skincare line morning & evening to experience the benefits of a line formulated just for you & your unique needs.