The Force of Stability
Kapha Dosha is made of the Earth & Water elements. Close your eyes and feel these elements coming into contact with your being. What qualities do Earth & Water possess? What sensations do they create in your body & mind? Are these elements: light or heavy, hot or cold, dense or flowing, sharp or dull, static or mobile? Let us guide you through these questions. Earth & Water are both by nature: dense, heavy, cold, static and dull. Since these are the qualities that comprise these elements & these elements are what create Kapha Dosha, then Kapha Dosha reflects these qualities as well.
Kapha Dosha is the force of stability due to the grounded, stable elements that create it. A Kapha Type reflects Earth & Water in their physical, mental & emotional being. A Kapha Body is solid and sometimes stocky. It is very easy for Kapha Types to gain weight & hard to lose the weight. They have large features: abundant hair, large eyes and thick lips. A Kapha personality is sweet, loving & loyal. They are the people at the party or social gathering making sure everyone else is okay. They will make sure your drink is full, you have eaten & you are not too hot or not too cold. Kapha Types are also grounded, steady and enjoy routine. The unofficial mascot of Kapha Dosha is an elephant. They move slowly, have open hearts & have natural compassion for others.
When Kapha is out of balance, in the physical body, there can be weight gain, excess mucous, lethargy & nausea associated in the digestive tract. Stubbornness & attachment may become an issue in the emotional body. Imbalanced Kapha Skin manifests with excess oiliness, congestion, cystic acne, blackheads & large pores.
Kapha Type Skin is made of the elements earth & water. When in balance, Kapha Skin is pale, soft, supple, cool & slightly moist. It has been said that people of Kapha nature have skin like a china doll. When out of balance, this skin type is prone to: excess oil, cystic acne, large pores, congestion & excess moisture. Kapha skin has a generous amount of collagen that wards off premature wrinkles & signs of aging. Our Kapha Skincare Line is formulated with specific herbs to have an astringent, warming & detoxifying effect on the skin, in order to bring ideal balance to Kapha Type Skin.
Kapha Tips for Radiant Skin
- Avoid processed sugars, oily &/or fried foods & all dairy. These foods will congest the skin.
- Combine foods with spicy, dry & pungent herbs that will stimulate agni (your digestive fire). Herbs like Cayenne, Cinnamon & Black Pepper are ideal options.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse & detoxify the skin & increase agni.
- Exercise. Cardio workouts are great for Kapha Types.
- Practice yoga that is flowing & heating. Bikram, Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga are ideal as well as rapid sun salutations & heart openers like Camel Pose & Fish Pose.
- Practice the art of letting go. Clean out your closet, let go of attachments that are weighing you down.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Kapha Body Oil to keep the skin activated & circulation pumping.
- Use our Kapha Skincare Line morning & evening to experience the benefits of a line formulated just for you & your unique needs.